Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
VOLUNTEER POLICY: DIGNITY AND YOU!
Volunteering for All Human Rights for All
As a Volunteer, your gift of time, skills and experience will extend Dignity’s capacity to work for human rights for all. By doing so it is Dignity’s aim that Volunteers gain satisfaction from this partnership and that the relationship is one of mutual benefit.
When you volunteer with Dignity it is our AIM that:
* You can make a difference to the lives of struggling communities throughout the world.
* Your gift of time, skills and experience will be used well.
* Your volunteering will be appreciated and recognised.
* You will be provided with all the information and guidance required for you to carry out your volunteering. You will be encouraged to develop in your volunteering role.
* You will be given opportunities to keep up to date with Dignity’ s work.
* You can expect Dignity to seek your views on its work and on your volunteering.
* You volunteer in an organisation that is striving to be non-discriminatory and diverse.
* You volunteer in an environment that is safe.
* You won't be out of pocket.
* You can expect Dignity to help you to resolve any difficulties you may have with Dignity
* You are free to stop volunteering at any time.
In order to meet these aims:
* Dignity expects everyone to carry out their volunteering within the Law and within the organisation's Policies and Procedures.
* Dignity may request that an individual stops volunteering where the relationship has broken down.
* Dignity will take up references for all volunteers, as part of the selection process.
Can Dignity Volunteers claim EXPENSES?
YES: Dignity’s policy is that volunteers should be reimbursed for any reasonable costs incurred as a result of their volunteering. Volunteers are eligible for reimbursement of expenses as shown below:
Lunch – Provided that a volunteer works a minimum of five hours in that day, they are entitled to claim a maximum of 8 Euros for lunch expenses.
Travel – Volunteers are also entitled to claim travel expenses from their home, to and from work. This applies for local travel only.
SEE ourCurrent Volunteer Opportunities